SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Server Status

+3
Maxduelantus
scalyface
ajb1978
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Server Status Empty Server Status Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:42 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Well the deal is the auto-downloader is still giving Max a world of trouble. He sent me a PWC file, so by logging in with the auto-downloader disabled I'm able to use that PWC file and connect to the test server he loaded. In theory that would work as a temporary solution for everyone until the auto-downloader problem is fixed...except the server won't stay up for more than about 10 minutes at a crack anyway.

This is probably because the database that ordinarily tracks a variety of things like factions, statistics on how many times a map has been used, etc. apparently wasn't included in the files he got. Without that database, NPCs all over the PW fight and kill each other, which quickly overwhelms and crashes the server.

So Scaly or Decompile, if you are reading this, it is imperative that Max gets that database file ASAP.

2Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:13 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

ajb1978 wrote:Well the deal is the auto-downloader is still giving Max a world of trouble. He sent me a PWC file, so by logging in with the auto-downloader disabled I'm able to use that PWC file and connect to the test server he loaded. In theory that would work as a temporary solution for everyone until the auto-downloader problem is fixed...except the server won't stay up for more than about 10 minutes at a crack anyway.

This is probably because the database that ordinarily tracks a variety of things like factions, statistics on how many times a map has been used, etc. apparently wasn't included in the files he got. Without that database, NPCs all over the PW fight and kill each other, which quickly overwhelms and crashes the server.

So Scaly or Decompile, if you are reading this, it is imperative that Max gets that database file ASAP.

I am aware of his troubles.

DeCompile has contacted me and I've given him the info to connect to Max's local machine and upload the packaged files. When this will happen I cannot say, but hopefully soon.

Unfortunately, due to my mb and hard-drive blowing at the same time about a month ago, rounded off with my internet box giving in I had no time to get the essential files from the server.

3Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:29 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Well Max started the server up and now for some reason it seems to be remaining online. So with that in mind, things have taken a step forward.

We're going back to Worldgate for now, until such time as the auto downloader can be figured out (it's a terrific pain in the you-know-what). Go here and download the Worldgate Client v1.8. If you already have Worldgate, please note that any version prior to 1.7 will cause goofy errors, so you will probably want to download this anyway just to be safe. Smile

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=129710

Once installed, click the "New" button and fill in the following information.

Persistant World: Silver Marches
Label: SM
NWN Installation : (if this field doesn't auto-populate, point it to the folder you installed NWN2 in)
NWN User Data: (if this field doesn't auto-populate, point this to your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2 folder)
Transfer Mode: FTP
Worldgate Host: 76.186.186.247
Port: 21
Username: player
Password: player
Directory: (leave blank)

Click Test & Exit, and if you entered all the information correctly you'll be good to go. Then click the "check for new files" button and Worldgate will begin downloading the necessary files. Now for some reason, 8 of the files inside the rws_all_in_one.hak spewed error messages and didn't download, but it doesn't seem to have any immediate effect. I was able to connect to the server and run around a bit without any problems. Pay attention to any crashes you encounter, or to any areas that look obviously screwy as that might be an indicator of what those files were for.

Good luck, y'all! Keep in mind that due to the lack of that database mentioned earlier, NPCs behave differently. Some kill each other, some wander aimlessly, so quest-giving NPCs may not be where you remember them.

Post any problems you encounter!

4Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:07 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

Someone other that AJ, please confirm that you can use WorldGate, download the files, and connect to the server.

Right now, WorldGate is the best option for me, as making changes to the server will not require players to download huge amounts of files every time - only the files that have been updated. Which is almost the same thing as Autodownloader...sorta...players still need to use WorldGate to make sure they have the most recent files to be able to play.

But hey...at least we are online...

5Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:14 am

Vermathax

Head DM
Head DM

I wasn't able to use it, but I'm probably messing up the entry data

6Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:49 am

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

I wasnt able to either, keep getting a message that says "could not save Pw description"c:/program files (x86)\Worldgate\worldgate\SilverMarches.pw""

7Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I'm working on it

8Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:20 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

alright guys, give it a try

NWN Installation : (if this field doesn't auto-populate, point it to the folder you installed NWN2 in)
NWN User Data: (if this field doesn't auto-populate, point this to your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2 folder)

9Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:52 am

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

Tried again with the same result, re-installed worldgate just in case, and still got the same error message as posted above

this very well may be an issue on my end so can someone else please let us know if they have different results

10Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Farmboy2003

Farmboy2003
Newb
Newb

Maxduelantus wrote:alright guys, give it a try

How is this different from the information AJB supplied?

http://Unbelief.dk

11Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:49 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Yeah I don't know what to tell you. I just cleared out my NWN2 folder, reran Worldgate, and it works perfectly fine for me.

That error message Jeff posted looks odd though. All the errors I had ever gotten while Max was setting the server-side files up related to missing files on the server. Your error seems to specifically point to something client-side.

Just for hoops and giggles, maybe try uninstalling Worldgate and reinstalling it to a different folder? Like maybe just C:\Worldgate. I have mine installed off my 'My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2' folder. It's those parenthesis in your current Worldgate path that gives me pause.

Failing that there's also a file that the Worldgate server admin console can generate that will auto-configure clients.

Farmboy2003 wrote:
How is this different from the information AJB supplied?

It's not. He redid some thing server-side.

12Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Aaezil-

Aaezil-
Newb
Newb

I can connect to worldgate fine

but why does it have me redownload 400 mb of haks that i alreads have?

13Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 pm

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

putting worldgate directly in the "c" directory seems to have taken care of it, currently having me download 457 MB of haks right now as well

14Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:05 am

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

so i got WG figured out, got all the files downloaded, then when i try to log into the server i get the message

"server is improperly configured for auto-downloading. Please contact the server administrator to resolve this problem"

15Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 am

Aaezil-

Aaezil-
Newb
Newb

jeffinak wrote:so i got WG figured out, got all the files downloaded, then when i try to log into the server i get the message

"server is improperly configured for auto-downloading. Please contact the server administrator to resolve this problem"

Haha. well that sounds like they are trying to figure out how to make that work again. Sweet.

16Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:14 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Yeah he was tweaking it earlier. It's supposed to establish an FTP connection and download the files, but the FTP server isn't even showing a connection attempt. It works fine when you use Filezilla or something, so the FTP server is definitely up and the info is correct. But for some reason, NWN2 won't even attempt the connection.

At any rate the "require players to synchronize content" flag is apparently disabled now, as I just logged in.

17Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:10 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Database is now installed and operational. Telling Lathander in the start area to teleport you to "Last Saved Location" now functions properly, among other things.

Esthetic Crafter is still down.

18Server Status Empty Re: Server Status Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

Awesome job, AJ! You are Da Man!!!

Now I just need to put back the module script that I took out and test it out.

19Server Status Empty MOD UPDATE 12/8/10 Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

Today's Module Update - December 8, 2010

Overview:

The escalating level of military conflict between Llorkh and Silverymoon, has created a huge increase in the demand for mastercrafted weaponry and battle gear for all involved parties.

The less civilized creatures of the Silver Marches, such as the Orc and Gnoll Tribes, Goblinoids, Kobold and Reptilian species, and the rest of the unintelligent inhabitants of the Realms - no longer have the luxury of obtaining quality weaponry and armor. All of these creatures now wield the simplest of iron swords, hammers, clubs, and for the most part wear the cheapest leathers they can find.

In other words, for most of the Creature Blueprints, I have removed the +2 and +3 items, and replaced them with regular items. The emphasis of the SilverMarchesPW is thus that Players can now rely a lot more on their own Natural Ability. I have created a persistent environment where the Players can enjoy playing their Characters, relying on the strengths of their particular character skill set. This has created a fairness to the Players, where they are no longer confronted by armies of respawning critters who seemingly used to have an endless supply of +3 Flame Swords and +5 Full Metal Jackets.

At the same time, most of the maps now contain "Boss Fights" where Players can find magical items in limited supply.

The tougher the critters, the better the rewards. The critters have been updated across the board, you can even try your luck hunting dragons and finding actual treasure.
I hope you enjoy the subtle changes I have made, so please take a stroll through the SilverMarchesPW, and I hope you have lots of fun. Bring a friend with you on your great adventure, or bring a dozen friends, there is enough fun for everyone! Happy Gaming!

Max The LeBron James Fan #1
bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum