SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dead when logging in

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dead when logging in Empty Dead when logging in Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

There might be a bug where if you earn a level but log out before you level up you come back in dead. I handed in a couple of quests, earned a level, then logged out. I logged back in a while later to take my level and found my character dead. I did exit out of High Hold while holding a weapon ( just got done fighting bats), but the guards seem pretty nice there; I doubt they offed me.

2Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:18 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Yeah same thing happens to me. It's one of the things on the list to be fixed.

Look on the bright side though--at least you aren't penalized for dying since the deaths aren't being tracked. Wink

3Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:30 am

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

ajb1978 wrote:Yeah same thing happens to me. It's one of the things on the list to be fixed.

Look on the bright side though--at least you aren't penalized for dying since the deaths aren't being tracked. Wink

Careful here. The logging in deaths aren't logged, but if you die IG and respawn they are, even though it doesn't take any xp.

Once the db comes in line, the stored deaths will count. If I remember rightly.

4Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:49 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

I do not think it had anything to do with not taking my level. Yesterday I respawned as suggested and took my level. I ran around for a bit, but then went back to High Hold and exited out of the game. Today I came back into the game in High Hold, right where I exited, but I was dead.

5Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

It seems like almost any time I come on after being off for a while, the character is dead. This has happened with three different characters now.

There is a script set up to make characters lose all of their spells--I guess to stop players from exiting out and coming back in at full health and will all spells back--but perhaps the same script is now also removing all hit points.

6Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:19 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

once I install the database this will probably not gonna be an issue

7Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Skreja

Skreja
Newb
Newb

I'm wondering if it is just that you have gained a level? I have a character who gained a level, I took it, yet ever since when I log in he is dead. The only other thing is that after I took the level I was traveling around and had a transition crash.

8Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

I wondered about that, too. But it did not matter. And it is not consistant. I was off and on maybe 10 times yesterday, and more than half of the time I came back dead. My friend was playing a level 18 character that had not reached the level cap and did not have to level up, and he was coming in deead, too.

Currently there is no xp or gold penalty, and I have learned to live with it until it gets fixed. But it is just a pain to keep having to start out from High Hold every time. It is nice to be able to sell crap and do a quest or two, but it is hard to get away from the settled areas that way. Maybe I should just leave a guy on and click the AFK option--I just do not like to leave characters unattended.

9Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:14 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

The "You have been defeated" window appears while the area is loading. If you click the "Respawn" button while the area is still loading, you will start exactly where you left off. The server apparently can't port you to "The Shadows" while an area is still loading, so just try to hit Respawn immediately while that loading screen is still up, so you don't have to go all the way back to High Hold.

10Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:49 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

AJ, can you please help me with this one? I have no idea what to do with these database files.

There are 2 .sql files and a database backup file, I don't know what to do with them. I think I need to have the software running called MySQL Server, not sure though...

Look in the directory of files from Decompile, for comparison. Maybe you can figure out how he did it.

11Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

I will give arolar a buzz to see if he can point you in the right direction. This isn't a new problem.

scalyface

12Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:57 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Any info on how this was done in the past would be greatly appreciated. MySQL is about the most user-unfriendliest thing ever.

13Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

can anyone confirm this is no longer an issue?

14Dead when logging in Empty Re: Dead when logging in Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:08 am

Skreja

Skreja
Newb
Newb

I was able to log my character in without him being dead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum