SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bug Report Thread

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bug Report Thread Empty Bug Report Thread Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:36 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

The module's XP cap needs to be raised to allow Epic characters. It's currently capped to allow only level 20, even though the server says "1-30". If you log in with an Epic character, your XP will be knocked back to level 20, although it will keep your levels intact. However if you attempt to sign back in with that same character, it will treat you as Level 20 and accordingly disallow your character if you have items equipped that have an ILR of 21 or over.

I'm not yet sure if the mod actually saves your Epic character with the reduced XP. If it does, this may break your character.

So do not log in with an epic character until this has been addressed.

2Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:40 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

No, it won't break your character.

The mod probably isn't associated to the Silver Marches Campaign as it will default to 20 with a new install.

The ILR will affect anything that can only be used by epic level PC's, though the illegal character will only exist until the cap is raised, then you should be ok.

If you don't know how to do this Max, give me a nudge once the mod is fully functional and I'll do it.

3Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Yeah it's in the toolset under Campaign Editor or something like that. If the XP cap is set to 600,000 that will clear this up.

I had to edit Vordan's Hero Creator like that to allow testing of +4 ECL characters to level 30, otherwise it would cap them at level 28. Cool

4Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I can probably figure it out, I just need time (they've got me working 7 days in a row, lots of fun and not enough free time). And I wanna make sure I don't break anything as I go. Decompile sent me a bunch of files, such as the SQL database, and some Campaign files.

I need to update the nwnx.ini file to reflect all of these changes, and then everything should be working.

It's a process... guys... give me some time.

Scaly, if you wanna help, you have Server access - and probably need to setup Worldgate for yourself..

5Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF LOGGED IN WITH AN EPIC CHARACTER AND THE GAME TAKES AWAY A BUNCH OF XP, LET ME KNOW, I HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL CHARACTER BACKED UP.

6Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 am

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Maxduelantus wrote:IF YOU FIND YOURSELF LOGGED IN WITH AN EPIC CHARACTER AND THE GAME TAKES AWAY A BUNCH OF XP, LET ME KNOW, I HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL CHARACTER BACKED UP.

Back up everything locally and store it on as many different supports as possible. USB, disc, external drive etc etc.

I'll do a backup of the original server vault in case.

7Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:25 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

I also have an external terabyte hard drive I use solely for backups, and it has no shortage of space by any means. I'm willing to host a full or partial backup of anything, if you want added redundancy. Or multiple backups at different points in time, if you want "roll back" potential.

8Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:50 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

ajb1978 wrote:I also have an external terabyte hard drive I use solely for backups, and it has no shortage of space by any means. I'm willing to host a full or partial backup of anything, if you want added redundancy. Or multiple backups at different points in time, if you want "roll back" potential.

Rollback is essential, I have no qualms about this.

PM me about access.

9Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:01 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I just gotta say... the game devs... took a few shortcuts when supporting the online community...

10Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:53 am

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Maxduelantus wrote:I just gotta say... the game devs... took a few shortcuts when supporting the online community...

So true Sad Sad Sad

11Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:40 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

This is odd. Between my friends and I, we have some 20th level characters—exactly at level 20—and they are all acting differently, xp wise. A couple of them are at exactly level 20, and they continue to earn xp, but there is no blue bar showing level advancement, and when the xp is reached for level 21, the xp just continues to add up. Once this is fixed, this character should be fine, and I hope the option to level up will happen when the character logs on. I have seen a few characters like this.

But I have also seen a character level up from level 19 to level 20. For this character, after level 20 is reached, the blue bar showing level advancement seems to work, and the game is seeming to behave in the exact way it should.

Both characters are at level 20 going on to level 21. The only difference I can see is the ones that made it to level 20 before the server change and the one that reached level 20 after the server change.

One of the buggy ones is a havling, so it is not an ecl thing with xp. Anyway, I do hope this bug gets fixed soon.

12Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:25 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I can't figure out how to increase the Level Cap back to 30... I would appreciate any insight

13Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:08 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Sending you a PM, Max. Check your inbox.

14Bug Report Thread Empty Re: Bug Report Thread Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

253,000 xp is the current xp cap... I just found that out... Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum