SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rayne's Pain

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rayne's Pain Empty Rayne's Pain Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Rayne's Pain Pt 1

The walls looming in the distance, a plain of green stretching into infinity
**whispers*****
No, no, get away......
Cool hard tiles, a hand outstretched... blooded fingers playing across the scarred surface..
Up above, an opaque blue yonder...stained in crimson....
Rayne oh my Rayne......**whispers**
A darker outset....A faint outline in the gloom....attached to four hooks...each rope pulling in the opposing directions.
Sinews stretching....tearing..crying...all the children are crying....

Suddenly, the viewpoints change in ever quickening succession...to the left a frozen wilderness...
To the right, a horde of orcs charging forward..the cavern behind them fading to...hell....

Left, the abyss...demons from nightmares rear up....and fade.....to a firey wilderness.

Right, a desert land...the burning heat...a sword swinging back and forth...droplets of crimson staining the dry hot

sand.....the bright blue sky blurred...

Left..A river....its cool blue water, refreshing....hands splashing in the stream, a face....smiling in the distance. The roar as the

sky turns scarlet. The face turns....upstream an enveloping tide, spewing its contents of gore into the blue....

Rayne....**an earthquake erupts**.....Rayne......

A smiling..happy face..."Hello, my dear..." smiling.
" I'm afraid your parents...are...lost to us."
"Try as we might, they just didn't see our point of view."
"They had to.....leave....but they wanted you to have this."
The smiling happy face pushed the blade into the child's hands......"Now be careful, we don't want any...accidents do we?"
The little girl took the dagger and looked at it in wonder.
"There you are, now you go and play for a while"...the smiling face recedes and the door of the cage closes..
Waiting a few moments for her eyes to get used to the darkness, the girl scrambled to the back of her enclosure. Carefully

she began digging at the hard earth......."Rayne.......Rayne......"

Rayne opened her eyes slowly and turned over to face the voice that was whispering in her ear, "Yes?" she replied.
A moment's silence, " Oh, I...you seemed to be having one of your nightm....dreams again..."
She studied the northerner's face...so trustworthy...so.."And you assumed I was distressed by it?"
He looked away for a second and then turned back to face her, "It's just...I...."
It was took all her self control not to laugh in his face...but even this one had it's uses....
She put a forefinger to his lips..."We'll see"..she purred softly, slowly pulling the muscular frame towards her....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]