SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Return to last saved location

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Return to last saved location Empty Return to last saved location Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:28 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

Return to last saved location is an awesome option, but it is not currently working. It does not work after a server reset, and it does not work after a death and respawn.

2Return to last saved location Empty Re: Return to last saved location Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:30 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Fixed.

3Return to last saved location Empty Re: Return to last saved location Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

The strange thing is the database functions properly even without certain scripts that I took out from the Module Properties. For testing purposes, I wanted to find out if these scripts are the ones responsible for forcing a PC to respawn.

Putting back the following scripts:
row_mod_start
row_mod_enter
row_mod_exit
row_mod_dead
row_mod_rest

and a dmfi_mod_pcload (which I think may be the Scrying Tool tracker)

4Return to last saved location Empty Re: Return to last saved location Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:49 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Maxduelantus wrote:The strange thing is the database functions properly even without certain scripts that I took out from the Module Properties. For testing purposes, I wanted to find out if these scripts are the ones responsible for forcing a PC to respawn.

Putting back the following scripts:
row_mod_start
row_mod_enter
row_mod_exit
row_mod_dead
row_mod_rest

and a dmfi_mod_pcload (which I think may be the Scrying Tool tracker)

For info..

The row_mod_enter tracks the quests, if I remember rightly and should not be removed.

dmfi_mod_pcload gives the dmfi tools to a pc when he logs in. Scrying tool is independent of this and contained in a hak. Though I may have added it to the script.

None of the other scripts affect pc's respawning

Good work Max and Ajb.

5Return to last saved location Empty Re: Return to last saved location Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I've placed all the scripts back and Staged the module, which updated 1 Campaign file. Everything seems to be working properly as far as I can tell...

I left out an OnHeartbeat script for testing purposes. As far as I can tell, all it does is keeps track of time, but from what I understand, OnHeartbeat creates lag since it is running a script continuously.

Lets see if there is an improvement in ping times. Can anyone tell me what type of pings/lag they are experiencing. Is it better than before? Worse? No noticeable difference?

6Return to last saved location Empty Re: Return to last saved location Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Maxduelantus wrote:I've placed all the scripts back and Staged the module, which updated 1 Campaign file. Everything seems to be working properly as far as I can tell...

I left out an OnHeartbeat script for testing purposes. As far as I can tell, all it does is keeps track of time, but from what I understand, OnHeartbeat creates lag since it is running a script continuously.

Lets see if there is an improvement in ping times. Can anyone tell me what type of pings/lag they are experiencing. Is it better than before? Worse? No noticeable difference?

OnHeartbeat isn't used as far as I know on MaS. And yes, it can cause lag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum