SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Several quests giving 0 xp

+4
jeffinak
Nottingham
scalyface
HarperBlue
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Several quests giving 0 xp Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:03 am

HarperBlue

DM
DM

Quests complete properly. Just give 0xp

High Hold: Puppy hunt
Quaevar: Returning kitty
High Hold: Winter Wolf skins
High Hold: Leather skins (Not entirely sure I'm remember correctly on this one)
Kobolds outside kobold cave: lvl 4 char registered as lvl 40 resulting in 0xp per kill

2Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:36 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

I can confirm this. Not sure why though.Might be the script that runs the quests has bunked out again.

3Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:38 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

I thought this was done on purpose, and I also thought it was a good idea.

4Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:14 am

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

[quote="HarperBlue"
Kobolds outside kobold cave: lvl 4 char registered as lvl 40 resulting in 0xp per kill[/quote]

was this with a ranged attack? just a thought but I know if your too far away you dont get any per kill xp

5Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 am

HarperBlue

DM
DM

It probably was and it is possible it was far away.

6Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:10 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

HarperBlue wrote:Quests complete properly. Just give 0xp

High Hold: Puppy hunt
Quaevar: Returning kitty
High Hold: Winter Wolf skins
High Hold: Leather skins (Not entirely sure I'm remember correctly on this one)
Kobolds outside kobold cave: lvl 4 char registered as lvl 40 resulting in 0xp per kill

I tried the thanis, lil Tim, Winter Wolf, none give any XP.

None are level protected as far as I know, thus there's a script that isn't firing or the mod journal simply isn't present ingame.

This needs a top priority fix as it's possible none of the quests on the PW give any XP at all.

7Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:15 am

Skreja

Skreja
Newb
Newb

I got xp for doing the undead quest in High Hold with my monk but not when I did it with Ves'tai. I was surprised that I did since my monk is level 17 or so.

8Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:55 am

Admin

Admin

this should be an easy fix, still learning things as I go. Apparently, every time the computer is rebooted to refresh performance, I have to launch the SQL Server (doesn't start automatically), so this is where the database resides... I will get on it tonight.

https://silvermarches.forumotion.com

9Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:46 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Admin wrote:this should be an easy fix, still learning things as I go. Apparently, every time the computer is rebooted to refresh performance, I have to launch the SQL Server (doesn't start automatically), so this is where the database resides... I will get on it tonight.

Easy fix? Still waiting. Just completed an extremely tough quest, Undreth's Orc Chieftan Quest. Orc Zhent Snipers etc etc plus various other spawns. Result turning in chieftan's amulet..0XP. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

10Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

yeah...um... help...?

haven't really had any time with crunch time at work to finish the year, working 5 to 6 days in a row sometimes....

I will look into this

11Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I thought AJB and I had fixed it, because we did figure out how to run the SQL Server, but apparently it's something else causing this.

Possibly some JRL file that I need...
AJB, any thoughts?

12Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:34 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Maxduelantus wrote:I thought AJB and I had fixed it, because we did figure out how to run the SQL Server, but apparently it's something else causing this.

Possibly some JRL file that I need...
AJB, any thoughts?

I will send you a PM later on today, explaining what I believe the problem to be. Smile

13Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:50 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

I tore apart the conversations and scripts and everything on that side looks fine. Script-wise, it SHOULD be working. I suppose I could add some superfluous debug text to be 100% sure that each line is firing, but I think that's unnecessary.

I think the problem is related to the journal itself. It's not just that the quests are awarding 0xp, it's that the PC's journal is not updating with either the initial quest text, or the completed-quest text.

The XP award for the quest is stored with the journal text, and the reward script simply applies a percentage multiplier to the XP award. So if the journal is fubar, so too is the XP award. The script isn't able to read what the XP award is, so it defaults to zero.

14Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:53 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

ajb1978 wrote:I tore apart the conversations and scripts and everything on that side looks fine. Script-wise, it SHOULD be working. I suppose I could add some superfluous debug text to be 100% sure that each line is firing, but I think that's unnecessary.

I think the problem is related to the journal itself. It's not just that the quests are awarding 0xp, it's that the PC's journal is not updating with either the initial quest text, or the completed-quest text.

The XP award for the quest is stored with the journal text, and the reward script simply applies a percentage multiplier to the XP award. So if the journal is fubar, so too is the XP award. The script isn't able to read what the XP award is, so it defaults to zero.

Having worked with the quest system for 5 years, I'm 99% sure I know what isn't working, but I need to be in front of my PC at home to confirm my suspicions.

There's nothing wrong with the Journal, as it worked on the previous server. There are two reasons why, but I'll give you the what and why's once I get home this evening.

It might be the script, it might be the where the journal is placed and is it associated to the campaign.

15Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:05 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Check the builder forums guys, I've posted there.

Good luck Smile

16Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

now that I think about it, didn't you have to create a new Campaign file for whatever reason, AJB?

We probably just need to fix that file...

17Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:24 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Quests have been repaired. Smile

18Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:26 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

AJB... come'ere man, Im'ma hug you

cheers bounce cheers

19Several quests giving 0 xp Empty Re: Several quests giving 0 xp Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:58 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Credit where credit is due--it was Scaly's post on the builder forum that pointed me in the right direction. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum