SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUTODOWNLOADER

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AUTODOWNLOADER Empty AUTODOWNLOADER Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:51 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

OK GUYS, HERE'S THE DELIO

I'VE SUCCESSFULLY SETUP AN FTP ON MY OWN COMPUTER, SO THAT THE DOWNLOADING PROCESS DOESN'T CAUSE LAG ON THE SERVER. NOW I CAN TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW DOES THE AUTODOWNLOADER FUNCTION.

MY FTP:

THE FTP IS POINTING TO THE STAGING\CLIENT DIRECTORY, WHERE ALL THE LZMA FILES ARE LOCATED, BASICALLY WHAT THE AUTODOWNLOADER SEND TO THE PLAYERS.

TESTING IT NOW

2AUTODOWNLOADER Empty Re: AUTODOWNLOADER Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:11 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Maxduelantus wrote:
MY FTP:

Remember that's your local IP address, behind your router. That address only works for other devices on your network, not for anyone else in the world.

You need to use your public IP address as issued by your ISP.

3AUTODOWNLOADER Empty Re: AUTODOWNLOADER Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:12 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

strangely enough, this is the IP that actually works...the other one doesn't. I tried....

Anyway, I think we've got everything figured out...

4AUTODOWNLOADER Empty Re: AUTODOWNLOADER Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:29 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Maxduelantus wrote:strangely enough, this is the IP that actually works...the other one doesn't. I tried....

Anyway, I think we've got everything figured out...

Well it would work for you of course, since you're part of that 192.168.0.0 subnet. But only people on that subnet can use that address. For example, I also have a 192.168.0.0 subnet, but obviously my network is not your network. If I tried pinging 192.168.1.64, it would go nowhere, since there is no device with that IP address on my network. Likewise if you were to ping 192.168.1.8 from your computer, you would not be pinging my Nintendo DS. You'd be pinging whatever machine on your network has that address (if one even exists).

Anyway, if you're unable to access the FTP server via the public IP address, then the two biggest suspects are the firewall or router. The firewall needs to allow ports 20 and 21, and the router needs to have port forwarding configured for ports 20 and 21 to the IP address you mentioned earlier. It may also help if you edit the router's configuration to assign a static IP to the server (based on MAC address), so that the port forwarding will always point to the appropriate machine.

5AUTODOWNLOADER Empty Re: AUTODOWNLOADER Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

Looks like I've got everything ready to go except...

When attempting to login to the server, player/client gets an error message "Server improperly configured for autodownloader."

Now... I looked through the NWNX4 logs and it shows an error about SQLite not setup. Which sorta makes sense, I think we are supposed to have some kinda SQL database... So right now I'm trying to find where to get that...

6AUTODOWNLOADER Empty Re: AUTODOWNLOADER Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:53 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

installing MySQL server 5.1....

7AUTODOWNLOADER Empty Re: AUTODOWNLOADER Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:09 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

OK... after many hours of headache inducing research, I am not sure if I'm moving in the right direction.

The module seems to load just fine, but error message "Server improperly configured for Autodownloading".

I'm looking through the NWNX4 error log files and it shows that the database is not properly configured to save the server data information. Which makes sense, this is just a test db file which comes with NWNX4.

I have a feeling previous server host has a database file which we need...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum