SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hak download troubles

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hak download troubles Empty Hak download troubles Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 am

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

While using the autodownloader I get this error..

Bad PASV/EPSV response 421

This is since the clothing haks have been removed.

2Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:39 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Response 421 is a generic "Service not available" message, and the PASV/EPSV refers to the FTP server's passive mode.

Verm or Max, try halting the FTP server process, then restarting it. That might clear it up.

3Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:06 am

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

seems I am still having issues with the RWS all in one hak, from what I can see i am downloading nearly the entire hak, then the proccess simply stops and starts over saying ftp timed out, on the third attempt after restarting it will freeze and tell me the file cannot be downloaded from any available source.

if anybody could help me out with a direct download or even be willing to upload to a torrent sight (prefferebly Kickasstorrents.com or Thepiratebay.org) I would be much in their debt

4Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:54 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

scalyface wrote:While using the autodownloader I get this error..

This is because the server can't handle downloading chores and hosting the server on the same computer. If you keep trying, you can eventually download the files.

This is why I wanted to get rid of some large files, to reduce the strain being put on the server.

Next step (for me) is to host the HAK files directly to NWVault website - they have a lot of available bandwidth.

5Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:08 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

jeffinak wrote:seems I am still having issues with the RWS all in one hak, from what I can see i am downloading nearly the entire hak, then the proccess simply stops and starts over saying ftp timed out, on the third attempt after restarting it will freeze and tell me the file cannot be downloaded from any available source.

if anybody could help me out with a direct download or even be willing to upload to a torrent sight (prefferebly Kickasstorrents.com or Thepiratebay.org) I would be much in their debt

try downloading directly from the FTP and let me know if you have better success.

ftp://76.186.186.247
username/password: haks/haks

6Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 am

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

I have absolutely ni idea whats going on, it will download the entire thing at a nice clip, but it seems to have trouble closing the connection once its been downloaded, my download window for this attempt has said that it will be finishing in 0 seconds, for well over 12 hours now.

7Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:31 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Maxduelantus wrote:
scalyface wrote:While using the autodownloader I get this error..

This is because the server can't handle downloading chores and hosting the server on the same computer. If you keep trying, you can eventually download the files.

This is why I wanted to get rid of some large files, to reduce the strain being put on the server.

Next step (for me) is to host the HAK files directly to NWVault website - they have a lot of available bandwidth.

Yeah, what happened was it stopped after each hak downloaded. I just reinitiated by logging out and then logging back in to download the next hak and so on and so forth. Very laborious, but got the job done.

8Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:59 am

jeffinak

jeffinak
DM
DM

so i am finally able to log in, apparently google chrome doesnt like to close the connection after it downloads the hak from the ftp site, but internet explorer finally got it done.

now my question is, have we fixed the level cap or when i do log in am i going to lose a bunch of levels? I can make a new character to play in the meantime if so, would just prefer not to get any little suprises

9Hak download troubles Empty Re: Hak download troubles Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:12 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

its my day off so i will be working on the level cap tonight

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum