SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MOD UPDATE 11/8/10

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Empty MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I HAVE TAKEN OUT 4 HAKS FROM THE MOD IN AN EFFORT TO REDUCE THE DOWNLOAD SIZE/TIMES:

CLOTHES2.HAK
CLOAKS.HAK
MS_ALWAYS SUMMER HAK
MS_jarmor hak

This should save us about 400MB

2MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Empty Re: MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

In terms of the larger files, once we have them, we have them. The wait in terms of a longer update is worth it if it pays off for a cooler game world.

And when a 350MB file is updated and becomes a 375MB file, World Gate used to just update the parts of the larger file that made it larger rather than having to always download the entire huge thing again from scratch. I am not sure if the NWN2 auto-downloaded does this or not.

If you and the other builders have a vision, that is the world I want to see and move around in, regardless of the size.

3MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Empty Re: MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

Right now, this is a matter of bandwidth. Until we can find an option to host downloadable files, you are sharing your bandwidth in game with the next player who is trying to download the files.

Remember...it's a process for me... eventually everything will implemented the way it was envisioned.

4MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Empty Re: MOD UPDATE 11/8/10 Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

I WAS TESTING HOW IMPLEMENTING UPDATES WORKS FOR THE SERVER WHEN I REALIZED SOMETHING...

DON'T EVER TRY TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME FROM THE SAME COMPUTER THAT HOSTS THE MODULE... IT WIPED OUT ALL THE FILS AND REPLACES THEM WITH THE AHEM... YOU GET THE POINT.

ANOTHER THING I NEED TO TRY AND FIGURE OUT - IF THE HAK FILES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME ON PLAYERS' COMPUTERS, WHY DOES THE AUTODOWNLOADER STILL TRY TO WRITE OVER THEM?

IN ANY CASE, SERVER IS UP - AND CHECK OUT THE TRADEWAY ROAD FOR SOME NEW ENCOUNTERS.
THE LLORKH VS. SILVERYMOON CONFLICT IS HEATING UP!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum