SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

god of masochism

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1god of masochism Empty god of masochism Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

On the old forum I remember reading about a server philosophy that disapproved of allowing players to de-level their characters. But I do think there is now a need for this option. It could be at the welcoming location where a few of the gods are standing around.

A few weeks ago I was thrilled for a while when some of the opponents in the game were giving out 50xp per hit, but I got carried away, and I was not alone. Before I knew it, all of my main characters were hovering at around level 25 or 26; I at least had the discipline to stop there. My characters were at least already in the low 20s, but the sudden jump was ridicules. The XP earned still feels cheap, and the reality is that over the last few weeks, I have hardly played at all—not being able to let go of that sick feeling in my stomach.

I am one of the players that does not mind a nice steady rise to level 20 or so, but I like the epic levels to be earned slowly like drinking a fine wine. The rapid XP jump was with some of “my” auxiliary characters that my kids “think” are theirs, and I got them to the mid 20s (and felt like I was doing my young children—not even teenagers yet—a favor), but I did not corrupt my most loved character with the archers that were giving out all of the XP. But my friends did; I had a steady lead of about five levels over everyone in my group (for I had slowed down, kind of waiting for them), but they all caught up over that weekend, and I know that players without scruples could have gotten to level 30 with no problem at all.

If there is a god of masochism that frowns upon witnessing mortals that are endowed with unjust rewards and unearned experience, then perhaps she could offer to help said characters punish themselves and offer to remove 500, 1,000, 10,000 and 50,000 XP from the life-force of their soul.

2god of masochism Empty Re: god of masochism Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

First of all, I need to apologize for getting carried away with script experimenting. I can either de-level you in game or create the de-leveling NPC.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum