SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Boiling Point Campaign(IC)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Empty The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:14 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

Previously in the Silver Marches:

The political tensions rise between Silverymoon and Llorkh. The military conglomerate of the Silver marches Confederation known as the Argent Legion, during a routine scouting mission in the Nether Mountains, apprehends a Zhentarim spy, believed to have connections with the Lord's Men, the military branch that provides protection to Lord Ithym who is the current patriarch of the city of Llorkh, and a bane worshiping ruler at that. The religious views of Lord Ithym do not sit well with Silverymoon's church of Lathander, whose clergy continues to pressure Lady Alustriel, ruler of Silverymoon, to take harsh action against the evil empire and blasphemy known as Bane worship. Lathander looks down from the skies each morning, and does not approve either, or so does claim his church. Simply put, the two competing religions cannot coexist in the Silver Marches any longer.

Llorkh officials deny involvement.

After a brief containment and socially ethical interrogation, the spy claims to be innocent. Apparently, he was simply taking a stroll through the Silver Marches. The Argent Legion releases him in order to maintain its public image of being a fair and humane society.

Two Silverymoon guards from the Silver Knights platoon are assassinated during a routine patrol mission in the Nether Mountains. The city of Silverymoon is outraged and blames Llorkh for these heinous acts of violence.

The Argent Legion issues martial law inside the city of Silverymoon, and military actions against Llorkh begin in earnest.

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

1375DR, THE YEAR OF RISEN ELFKIN APPROACHES COMPLETION

LORD ITHYM, RULER OF LLORKH, AND SUSPECTED INSTRUMENTAL ALLY OF THE ZHENTARIM, PROCLAIMS THAT HE RECEIVED A DIVINE VISION DIRECTLY FROM BANE, COMMANDING HIM TO TAKE DECISIVE ACTION.

SINCE IT WOULD BE A FOOLISH STRATEGY TO MOVE MILITARY DIRECTLY AGAINST THE HEAVILY FORTIFIED CITY OF SILVERYMOON AND THE RAUVINWATCH KEEP, INSTEAD, HE WILL ATTACK THE SMALLER SETTLEMENTS LOCATED IN THE MOONWOOD AREA.

THE ARGENT LEGION HAS MADE A STRATEGIC DECISION:
FIRST, THE TOWN OF HIGH HOLD HAS BEEN EVACUATED.
SECOND, QUAERVARR HAS BEEN HEAVILY FORTIFIED.

THE SETTLERS ARE PREPARING FOR A LONG WINTER...

3The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Empty Re: The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Helio

Helio
DM
DM

Word has it that a young battle-scarred paladin has pitched a tent within the fortifications of Quaervarr. Passerby can see him polishing his gear next to a kindling campfire on a regular basis... Few might just remember him as one name Elyan Sunsword.

4The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Empty Re: The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

Lord Ithym's army of mercenaries march upon High Hold via the Silverymoon Tradeway route. They have possibly entrenched themselves deep inside the underground complex that was previously occupied by the Highwaymen. The brigands, misfits, troublemakers, they did not have to think very long about which alliances to accept...

5The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Empty Re: The Boiling Point Campaign(IC) Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

Staff Sergant Swift looked up from his paperwork--the next fortnight's duty roster, as it happened--as a firm knocking resounded off his cramped office door. His eyes darted down towards knob-height, where the sound had originated.

"Come in, Underhill," he called, knowing there was only one person whose knock would come so short, yet carry the weight of a human hand.

The door opened silently and Tanner Underhill entered, decked out in his watch gear with his helmet tucked under one arm. Swift smirked at the way Tanner shut the door behind him; he turned the latch, closed the door, then eased the latch back into place. He always did it that way. A soldier though he was, Tanner still had that halfling sneakiness about him.

"Sir, permission to speak frankly?" Tanner asked after the door had closed, although the question came out like statement.

"Go ahead," Swift responded with a nod, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms over his chest. Whenever Tanner spoke his mind, it ruffled more than a few feathers.

"Look, you're not some desk jockey that's never seen combat. You're a soldier too, so I respect your judgment. But whose idea is it to sit here with our thumbs up our bums, waiting for an army to roll over us?" Tanner said evenly, as if discussing the weather. Swift's eyes narrowed, but he remained silent.

"Word is, the bandits have been apparently hired as mercs, or replaced by mercs, or are just in cahoots with some mercs. Either way, mercs and/or bandits are playing ball together. They're organized and are apparently making active plans to march on High Hold, if they haven't already," Tanner continued.

"Who told you this?" Swift asked quietly.

"No one person. I overhear things when on watch. Yes, some might be just rumors, but all of it? From merchants and travelers that have no connection to one another?"

Swift grunted.

"And what are we doing?" Tanner asked. "Sitting here waiting for the hells to rise up and bite us? We have the men to spare, why aren't we sending strike teams in to harry them, disrupt their supply chains, or.. hells, root them out and torch the lot of them altogether?"

Swift simply stared at Tanner, his features inscrutable. The halfling drew a breath, then let it out slowly. Agitated, yet keeping his cool, Swift noted.

"Look, I know the Argent Legion has these rules of engagement and what-not. And believe me, I get it. I understand the virtue of taking the high road, being upstanding, and all that. But when the chips are down, if someone's got me on the ground and is about to kill me, I'll stab him in the nuts. If we don't act now, while they're still in the process of organizing, they'll roll over us like a tornado in Secomber," Tanner said, tossing his arms out to the side in a gesture of exasperation.

"Is that all?" Swift asked after a moment's silence.

"Yes...yes that is all," Tanner said in a tense voice.

"Okay. Your shift tomorrow starts at 0600. Have a good night," Swift said simply.

Forcing his features to remain calm, Tanner saluted and left the office as quietly as he had entered.

((Leaving this open-ended for Swift's reaction.))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]