SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

50xp per hit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 50xp per hit on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:13 am

The 50xp per hit script some monsters now have back on them seems to be a bit much. I loved the switch down to 5xp per hit, for that seemed to fit a more appropriate level of XP in terms of server wide XP philosophy and game balance. Last week I played with a friend for a few hours, and we both got our characters from around level 22 to around level 26 in a matter of hours. It felt cheap. We stopped. I kept my favorite character away from those monsters as to not contaminate him. But now the 50xp per hit thing seems to be back up, for I have not played in a few days, but I just got a call from a real life friend I play with on the server, and he told me that it was back again. I do hope this was an oversight, for it reeks of Monty Hall.

View user profile

2 Re: 50xp per hit on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:50 am

Maxduelantus

Head Overseer
i will get rid of this script...it's too much of a hassle...experimentation is not always the best thing, oh well it was a good idea but the Toolset sometimes "sneaks" some things past the developer's attention

View user profile

3 Re: 50xp per hit on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:35 am

It is kind of an awesome script to throw in there for an invasion, helping defend the towns, etc., but just at 5 xp or so instead of 50 xp. Too bad it is buggy. I love the idea. But when characters can kill them slowly and hit them lots of times with arrows or 1d4 weapons, the XP adds up quickly.
Maybe creatures with that scrips could be used for DM events so that when they are gone they are gone and they do not respawn. Any creature a DM takes contol over should yield that kind of xp; that would be great.

View user profile

4 Re: 50xp per hit on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:03 am

Maxduelantus

Head Overseer
The script sneaked up on me when importing from my computer onto the server computer, and reverted back to 50xp. I will fix it back to um... 5xp.

View user profile

5 Re: 50xp per hit on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:24 am

Maxduelantus

Head Overseer
Fixed.

Restarting the server now.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum