SILVER MARCHES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILVER MARCHES

A persistent world set in the Frozen North of The Forgotten Realms

SERVER ONLINE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Runed Full Plate

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Runed Full Plate Empty Runed Full Plate Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:39 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

Perhaps this was from the downsizing of the module, but as of yesterday the Runed Full Plate no longer has the runes on it. It just looks like clothes.

2Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:02 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Nottingham wrote:Perhaps this was from the downsizing of the module, but as of yesterday the Runed Full Plate no longer has the runes on it. It just looks like clothes.

Yep, that's it Sad.

What we are intending to do is incorporate the "best of" from the 3 clothing haks that were removed.

3Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

One change I would like to see is being able to modify the appearance of items like the Runed Full Plate. The more powerful items are kind of stuck; they do not let you change the way they look. I remember this from the summer because a giant friend of mine bought the same runed armor, and we looked kind of dumb running around together.

Many of the other items are locked, too, like the Padded Armor +5; it flat out cannot be changed. Sometimes monks or characters with a high UMD skill want to wear wizard’s robes, for example, and it kind of sucks when you have to walk around looking like a wizard—and even if you are a wizard, you may not want to look like a fantasy art genre stereotyped textbook wizard.

4Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:35 am

ajb1978

ajb1978
Newb
Newb

That would require a phenomenal amount of tweaking, and if something like that does get done it's pretty far down on the list of priorities, considering we still don't have the core server back to 100%.

As an option, you can open the toolset and create your own Runed Full Plate, using the same stats and item properties as the store-bought one, but with the appearance you want. If you export it as an .ERF, arrangements can be made to give it to your PC. (Of course, as a trade-in. You won't get to keep both. Wink )

5Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 am

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

With Elecho's Crafting it shouldn't be too difficult to alter the parameters to allow cloth to resemble chain or plate.
It isn't unrealistic to suppose a wizard would want to disguise his class, nor a fighter wearing a full cloak over his armour.
Once elecho's is back up, I'll take a look at the parameters to see if they can be changed.
Barmy armours in Silverymoon has some wizard robes disguised as plate and vis versa. I'll keep on nudging Max to get SM back ingame.

scaly

6Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

I am not sure if there is a consistent plan in place; some powerful items can be changed and others cannot. It seems kind of random.

But I sure get a lot of joy from being able to change the way items look; I am sure that feeling is shared among all of the other players, too.

7Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:57 am

Maxduelantus

Maxduelantus
Head Overseer

sorry guys, I just need some time...

After I put in 7 days in a row at work, I was drained. Been sleeping all day for the past two days off...

8Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:03 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Maxduelantus wrote:sorry guys, I just need some time...

After I put in 7 days in a row at work, I was drained. Been sleeping all day for the past two days off...

Breath and wind down sloooowly Smile

9Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:24 am

Nottingham

Newb
Newb

Getting problems or issues like these addressed is awesome, but I think all of the players know that making items look cool is way down on the list of important things to get done, especially if you are overworked in real life. But if it is easy or if a passion is stirred, then by all means releash your passion! (Just clean up after yourself). But seriously, sometimes taking a break from the big items and working on the little items can be good for morale, too. I appreciate all the work some of you have done and are continuing to do on the server.

10Runed Full Plate Empty Re: Runed Full Plate Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:08 pm

scalyface

scalyface
Commoner
Commoner

Nottingham wrote:Getting problems or issues like these addressed is awesome, but I think all of the players know that making items look cool is way down on the list of important things to get done, especially if you are overworked in real life. But if it is easy or if a passion is stirred, then by all means releash your passion! (Just clean up after yourself). But seriously, sometimes taking a break from the big items and working on the little items can be good for morale, too. I appreciate all the work some of you have done and are continuing to do on the server.

Too true, often fixing lots of little bugs brings more satisfaction, especially if RL is being a grind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum